Updates that you can make in My Account
Once you have signed in to your account, you can update the following details. Simply select them from the menu, make your edits and click save.
- Payment Detail
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Communication Preferences
Updates that must be completed with the assistance of our Guest Services team
You cannot update the following details in your own account:
- Name (i.e. incorrect spelling, marriage, or separation resulting in a name change)
- Date of Birth (i.e. incorrectly entered)
Please click here to contact our Guest Services team with the details that need to be updated along with your current account details (full name, date of birth and customer ID if known) and a copy of your current photo ID, and we will complete these updates.
Please note: Products are non-transferable, and names cannot be changed for this purpose.
How do I add or remove Household Members in My Account?
"Household Members already have Mountain Access Cards or accounts"
Please contact us with their details (full name, date of birth and Customer ID if known) and we can link them to your account.
"Household Members are new guests"
You can choose to add household members to your account when you first log in, or when assigning products during the checkout process.
"Remove Household Members from My Account"
Please contact us with the guest details (full name, date of birth and Customer ID if known) and we can separate your accounts. If you have a number of people in your household group, please confirm the details for those household members that should be removed from your account, and those household members who should remain on your account when contacting us.
Uploading a photo to My Account
Epic Australia Pass products require a photo of each passholder. A photo must be uploaded and saved on file before the pass can be issued. To upload a photo to your account please follow these steps:
2. Select "Upload a New Photo"
- The photo should be recent – within the last 2 years for adults and 1 year for children
- The photo should show a clear, front view, full face of the guest
- The guest should be in normal attire, without headwear or glasses
- The guest should have a natural expression, eyes open and looking directly ahead
- The head should be centred in the photo and cover about 75-80% of the area of the photo