When a resort closure occurs that may trigger your eligibility for a refund under Epic Coverage, Vail Resorts will post a notice of the qualifying resort closures at www.epicaustraliapass.com.au
Based on your Epic Coverage election, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund in the event one or more of our resorts is closed during the applicable Core Season because of a Resort Closure Event, including the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Primary Resort & Specific Week. If you elected a Primary Resort and a Specific Week for your pass, you will be eligible for a refund if the Primary Resort you selected is closed for three (3) or more days during your Specific Week because of a Resort Closure Event.
- Primary Resort & Core Season Visit. If you elected a Primary Resort and Core Season Visit for your pass, you will be eligible for a refund if the Primary Resort you selected is closed for seven (7) or more consecutive days during the applicable Core Season for that resort because of a Resort Closure Event.
- All Australian Resorts & Core Season Visit. If you elected All Australian Resorts and Core Season visit for your pass, you will be eligible for a refund is Perisher, Hotham and Falls Creek are simultaneously closed for seven of more consecutive days during the Australian Core Season due to a Resort Closure Event.
If you receive a full or partial refund under this policy based on a Resort Closure Event, your pass will be deactivated when we process your refund and you will no longer be able to use your pass to access any resorts during the remainder of the 2021 Australian and 2021-2022 Northern Hemisphere seasons.
We hope you get the most out of your pass purchase this season, but in the unfortunate event that a qualifying Resort Closure Event occurs, we have a dedicated team set up to assist you.
The process to request a refund for a qualifying Resort Closure Event is:
- After the notice of a qualifying resort closure is posted on the Epic Coverage page, you can submit an Epic Coverage refund request by clicking here to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your refund request under this policy should include all Passholder names you are requesting refund for
- All Resort Closure refunds where the travel period election is “Core Season” will be processed at the end of the season
- Your refund request will be reviewed and validated and the refund calculation will be determined by the Epic Australia Pass team. Subject to eligibility, a refund will be processed, and confirmation of the refund payment sent to you by email.
To be eligible for a refund, a Resort Closure Epic Coverage refund requests must be received by:
- Core Season travel period elections - 31 October 2021
- Specific Week travel period elections - 30 days of the end of the specific week which you were unable to use your pass